Thursday, May 26, 2005

Vomitoriums and orgies???

I guess ideals are really just things to think about. You dont really have to have any intention of acting on them or inacting them, you just have to say you have the ideas and that's good enough.
I have recently been reading my favorite author and propagandist Thomas Paine, and it just really upsets me. That our country, a country built on so many lofty ideals, promises, and creeds will never be able to live up to them. At least not anytime in the near future. As our civil liberties are carefully eroded, and the rights of the minorities squashed for the stampeding agenda of the vulgar bully false majority we move farther away from the dreams of freedom. I would hate to have to look Paine, Jefferson, Washington, or Adams in the eye to describe what is going on today. How we did not heed their wisdom, how their ideas are butchered, misintrpeted, or ignored to suit the needs of the power hungry ruling elite. How they fought to toss the despot from this land, only for despots and dynasties to return in the form of rich well connected corporations and families. I do not have the courage they had. I do not posess their intelligence, but I do posess their love of freedom, enlightenment, and love of the ideals my country represents, and the love of my country. No people ever to live again will create anything as moving, motivating, or important as what those brave men sacrificed to create. Bless the Founding Fathers. Every man who signed the Declaration of Independence and ratified the Constitution. It almost makes me believe there had to be a higher being to create something so great as those documents and this country...ALMOST.

No comments: